You spoke, we listened... and together, we created the latest in our series of limited edition "Davis" jerseys. This is not a "UC Davis" or "Davis Bike Club" or "Davis Race Team" jersey, it's the "Davis, California" jersey you've asked for.
Whether you're a local looking to represent or a visitor looking for a unique souvenir of your time riding around Davis, you're going to enjoy this high-quality, full-zip "RBX Sport" jersey from Specialized emblazoned with the things you (well, many of you) told us (in a survey last year) best represent Davis and meet your needs:
- Bicycles (the "Bike Lane" bike, in honor of the 50th anniv. of the first US bike lane, right here in Davis)
- Water Towers (if you've ever lived here, you'll understand)
- Cows (our most frequent 'spectators' lining Yolo County roads)
- and a few "honorable mention" local treasures
- a cool color palette (blue-green range, no orange-brown-red), but with
- hi-vis accents so drivers sharing our roads can see us better
Then we added an homage to the old Davis City Limits signs (1967-92?) which proudly proclaimed Davis "The City of Bicycles" at "Elevation 52 ft" and finished it off with a small "Ken's" logo and a subtle "S" - just so you know who made these for you!
Now available in both Mens and Womens sizes - both in Specialized's "Standard Fit" (a good all-around 'road jersey' fit, somewhere between the narrow, tapered "Race Fit" of their pro-peloton jerseys and the looser "Relaxed Fit" of a mountain-bike jersey) - the design is identical, but the shape is different. And they run 'snug' - more generous than traditional Italian brands but definitely smaller than most American apparel brands, size for size. So if in doubt about size, order up a size. Better yet, try one on at Ken's - or if out of town, try on a gender-appropriate "RBX Sport" jersey at your local Specialized dealer, and know this will fit the same.
- VaporRize fabric construction is soft, comfortable, and excels at managing sweat.
- Three rear expansion pockets expand to house all of your small ride essentials.
- Full-length front zipper lets you control ventilation when the heat is on.
- Deflect UV 30 protects your skin from harmful, ultraviolet rays.
- Standard Fit is generous, so it fits close to the body without being constricting.
In Davis: All those who responded to our survey, gave input and feedback - compiled & interpreted by Ken Bradford & Irene Chung.
In Morgan Hill (in the Specialized Custom Apparel design studio): Shelby Ling & James Farber